Mozart Week - Concert, Mozart Week - Scenic
Messiah K. 572
Haus für Mozart
- Les Musiciens du Louvre (Orchestra )
- Philharmonia Chor Wien
- Marc Minkowski (Conductor )
- Walter Zeh (Choir rehearsal )
- Robert Wilson (Director / Set & Light Designer )
- Elena Tsallagova (Soprano )
- Wiebke Lehmkuhl (Alto )
- Richard Croft (Tenor )
- José Coca Loza (Bass )
- Alexis Fousekis (Dancer )
- Carlos Soto (Costume Designer )
- Nicola Panzer (Co-Director )
- Stephanie Engeln (Associate Set Designer )
- John Torres (Associate Lighting Designer )
- Tomasz Jeziorski (Video Design )
- Manu Halligan (Make Up Designer )
- Konrad Kuhn (Dramaturgy )
"The Messiah" KV 572, oratorio in three parts for solos, choir and orchestra by Georg Friedrich Händel (HWV 56), arranged by Mozart.
The great stage project of the Mozart Week 2020 brings a phenomenal constellation into the house for Mozart: The celebrated director, theatre author, painter, stage designer and video artist Robert Wilson stages Der Messias KV 572, an adaptation of Mozart's oratorio by Handel. Marc Minkowski performs the oratorio with his Musiciens du Louvre and a hand-picked cast of singers.
A production by the Mozarteum Foundation Salzburg in co-production with the Salzburg Festival and the Théâtre des Champs-Elysées.
Further performances on 23rd and 26th January, each at 8 p.m.