The latest news about everything happening in the Salzburg Mozarteum Foundation around Mozart Week, Season concerts, the Mozart Museums and the research about Mozart.
Current COVID-19 rules for the concerts
For our events, the currently applicable COVID-19 measures of the government apply as a minimum standard. Security measures that go beyond this will be published here on a regular basis. Please check the currently applicable measures before attending your event!
1) Visitor rules in the various venues
- Up to 500 assigned seats (e.g. Tanzmeistersaal, Wiener Saal) “2G” applies: vaccinated or recovered
- For 501 to 1,000 allocated seats (e.g. Großer Saal) “2G+” applies (vaccinated or recovered + PCR test max. 72 hours old)
- For 1,001 to 2,000 allocated seats (all festival halls), “boosted” (3 partial vaccinations) + PCR test applies.
The venues open 60 minutes before the start of the concert.
Ticket control with photo ID and verification of the access criteria (vaccinated-cured-tested-boosted) will take place according to the following criteria::
For persons who have been vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine, the following rules apply::
- Immunisation with two partial vaccinations (i.e. Biontech Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca): After receiving the second vaccination, the validity period of the vaccination certificate is 270 days and at least 14 days must have elapsed between vaccinations.
- Immunisation by a one-vaccination-based vaccine (Johnson & Johnson): Since January 3, a vaccination with Johnson & Johnson is only valid with a second vaccination!
- Immunisation by convalescent vaccination: Provided there was a positive molecular biology test for SARS-CoV-2 at least 21 days prior to vaccination or there is already evidence of neutralising antibodies at the time of vaccination, proof of vaccination is valid for 360 days from the time of first vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine against SARS-CoV-2.
- Further vaccinations (“3rd dose”): After receiving a further vaccination, the validity period of the proof of vaccination is again 270 days.
- A convalescent certificate is valid for 180 days
- A medical certificate is valid for 180 days after an expired infection with SARS-CoV-2. This must have been proven by molecular biology (e.g. PCR test).
- An official segregation order is also valid for 180 days.
- molecular biological test result, e.g. PCR test
- max. 72 hours old
3. partial vaccination of the above-mentioned vaccinations recognised in the EU.
2) As an additional safety measure, FFP2 masks are compulsory for the entire duration of stay in the building (also in the concert hall and during the concert). For children between the ages of 6 and 12, normal mouth/nose protection is permitted.
3) If possible, please keep your distance from other visitors away from your seat
4) Personalised tickets: Tickets can only be purchased personalised. If tickets are passed on to third parties, the ticket purchaser is obliged to provide the contact details of the visitors in case of need to trace infections with SARS-CoV-2. The resale of tickets for commercial purposes is prohibited without the permission of the organiser. Please bring proof of identity to the concert.
6) Please note on ticket return: If attendance at the performance is not possible due to a COVID-19 infection or the customer’s inadequate vaccination or recovery status, this does not entitle the customer to a refund of the ticket price. Tickets may be taken on consignment; no guarantee of resale is given. Should the tickets be passed on to other persons who fulfil the “2G” (vaccinated – recovered) rule, the tickets can be re-personalised free of charge upon presentation of the original tickets. Please contact the ticket office for this.
In the event of cancellation of the performance, the purchaser will be refunded the purchase price; cancellation for other reasons is not possible.
Dates, programmes and casts are subject to change without notice and do not entitle the purchaser to a refund or exchange.
By purchasing the ticket, the visitor has accepted the currently valid General Terms and Conditions of the International Mozarteum Foundation or of the seller/organiser and the currently valid house rules.
This information will be updated on an ongoing basis. Please inform yourself here before your concert visit.
We thank you for your cooperation and wish you a wonderful concert experience!
Status: Jan. 19, 2022