The Mozart Archive has existed since the Salzburg Mozarteum Foundation was established in 1880. As a source of documentation relating to Mozart’s life and works, together with his intellectual world and his impact on later generations, it collects material either in its original form or in photographic reproductions, while pursuing its own research projects and offering support and advice to independent scholars and to exhibition organizers.
Tel: 00 43 (0) 662 844 313 77 or 78
Fax: 00 43 (0) 662 84 06 93
Workdays after prior consultation
The resources of the Mozart Archive are also of great significance for the history of culture and music in Salzburg in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The administrative archive of the history of the Salzburg Mozarteum Foundation since it was established
- paintings and drawings of Mozart and his contemporaries
- a collection relating to theatre history and featuring set models, drawings of designs and playbills
- printed materials, consisting of programmes, posters and newspaper clippings
- a photographic archive housing the world’s largest collection of photographs on Mozart and his world